Wednesday, September 10, 2014

August 18 - Email

   HEYY!! I am in Phoenix South now, just the ghetto no big deal ;) haha but you know I am really safe, don't worry. Our area is more safe than where the elders are and I am pretty sure my companion can protect me from anything. My companions name is Hermana Finau. She is from Hawaii, she is Tongan and she is a bunch of fun! This is only her 3rd transfer so she still has that greenie fire, it is really awesome. She is a hard worker! The first day we were together, she went and kind of laid/jumped down on her bed and it broke right in half it was the funniest thing ever!! I laughed and laughed, like the box spring broke. Ever since then she has to be really careful laying down on it. Then the next night we were getting ready to scare the other sisters that we live with, and I was so ready, but than my companion barked and I screamed because she scared me! She thought it was so so funny. Haha. We get along well, still warming up to each other slowly but, it is good. She has a temperament, which is different than what I am used to, but I just laugh at her. She left her Chapstick in the car during church and then opened it right after and it was pure liquid. It spilled all over her skirt! She was really mad and I just laughed at her and it cheers her up. It was so funny. 
   It was hard saying bye to everyone this week in Chandler, but it went well. Bishop Ferre and his family is so cool, they are such huge examples to me! I didn't get to say bye to Claudia (the one that got married just barely) because she was in Mexico with her daughter, but I said bye to her husband Fernando. And everyone else like Pedro and Ana and the Venezuelan Family. 
   Guess what, on Tuesday, Sister Savage, Sister Rogers, and I got to go to the Indian Reservation with Sister Lewis. It was so cool!! Sister Lewis is the senior couple that is on their mission here. She is so funny!! We were riding with her and there was a little creature in the road, like a little squirrel or rat thing but I think it starts with a 'p', I forgot. Anyway, she totally swerved in the road and then looked back and said "yes! I got it!". It was so so funny, we were all laughing so hard.  We got to try real "Indian fry bread" and the lady that made it, sang to us in some Native American language. It was real pretty. The work on the reservations is so different, kind of like the Spanish work, but still is so different. It was fun to learn from Sister Lewis and from the people there. That evening it rained, I loved it! 
  Hermana Savage got her trainee on Wednesday, she is the girl that commented on my blog that she wants to be companions with me, I don't know if you ever saw that. But I am excited for Sister Savage to be with her, her first name is Alexis, but I forgot her last name. It was weird at transfers because we were like the oldest sisters there, not in age wise but in mission age. I never thought I would get to this point so fast. At the beginning I looked at those old sisters and didn't even understand how they were already so far along. It is crazy to be one of those sisters. I almost got away with my new companion not knowing how long I have been out, but another girl that we live with (Sister Stirm) somehow knew it was my last transfer. Hermana Finau didn't know for about 4 hrs, so that was pretty good. I hope none of the ward finds out though because then they will mention it all the time, and I don't like to think about it. We also live with Sister Dourus, she is so cool! She reminds me a lot of Erin so I feel right at home, I felt like she was already my best friend before I even met her. She is really chill and funny! She is from Utah like West Jordan I think. 
   I got super sick, the beginning of the week my throat was really sore, but I thought it would go away, nope. I also got a super awful cold/sinus infection. I am getting better slowly. My companion made me rest, like all of Friday, which was probably good for me. I just felt bad coming to a new area and being all gross while meeting so many new people. Not a good first impression haha. I just wanted to get out to work in this area and then I got stricken by sickness... sad days but I am getting better! I am ready to work as hard as I can for these last weeks because you know what, I can rest later! 
   On Friday, for weekly planning with the zone, well it is weird because I don't know very many people in the zone. I know the zone leaders and the sister training leaders and that is about it, that I know. But it is really fun to get to know new people!! Well I know my district leader, too. Anyway, on Friday, we were doing introductions and one of the questions we were to answer was an embarrassing moment on our mission. It comes to my turn and Elder Vorkink says "Alright Sister Hansen we have 20 minutes for your embarrassing moments..." haha oh man, my reputation of just being an embarrassing  awkward and clumsy person just never fails hahaha. 
   On Saturday we Skyped into a baptism that my companion taught, he is one of her friends that she taught through Facebook. I thought it was so so cool! My companion is really good at working on Facebook, it is a lot harder for me, I just would rather be in person I guess. 
   The church building here is so different, it has a little outside court yard in the middle and has a downstairs, it is strange but cool! A lot hotter. I think I am really going to like this ward, everyone is super friendly and super missionary minded. It is a pretty big ward and a lot of active members. 
Last night we went to the mission president's fireside and brought some investigators. They are from Guatemala and I seriously want to visit Guatemala now!! haha I had a full on 20 minute conversation with them in total Spanish on the way there and back, 40 minutes!! Can you believe that! It is amazing to notice the growth I have had. And I just realized I dreamt in Spanish last night!! What the! haha that's cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment