Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Email - February 24

Living with the waxed old and stricken in years...
   So this week has been pretty slow and all but a few things that stand out.
First of all, Ever since I have been here I have been teaching a family. The Rodriguez family. The are an English-speaking family. The mom is a less active member and she is wayyyyyyyy cool!! She is on border patrol and she is way fit! It is fun to talk to her! Her husband is not a member and she has two kids (Esteban 14 or 15 and large in stature. And Sylvia who I always call Sophia...embarrasing and she just turned 12). And missionaries in the past have always been trying to teach their family but they are super busy with their weird schedules and the kids play lots of sports.  Anyway, the miracle... The last week I am in the ward they all of a sudden show up to church, not the dad but the mom and three kids!! So that was so cool! I was so happy! :) I guess Sylvia woke up and said "I want to go to young women's today!" So they came.
    One of the Relief Society Presidents here (Sister Zinn) gave us a vinyl saying that says "Nothing is impossible, the word it self says I'M POSSIBLE" I thought that was clever :) She is so cute! I am going to miss her!
   I guess Sister White (Sadie) is coming to Yuma for Stake conference at the end of March. Everyone is excited about that!
   Yesterday, in the Mesa Del Sol ward we had a Break the Fast after church, I felt like it was my farewell dinner, again. I feel like I am leaving home, again haha. I am going to miss a lot of people! Thank goodness for facebook!
   And... I am leaving, Sister Funke is staying. This is weird. I am excited though! I will see where I am going on Wednesday though :) New beginnings...

No comments:

Post a Comment