Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Email - October 28

Facebook-- So I can do whatever on Facebook, as long as it fulfills my purpose as a missionary. My missionary purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ. So occasionally, I do see my friends status' and stuff when I am scrolling down but I try not to look too much because it is not fulfilling my purpose and it makes me miss my friends, a lot! I am not the biggest fan of Facebook proselyting just because it is really hard to be on there and seeing everything that people are doing and also, because I have been called to work with the people in Arizona. So on Facebook, I usually just try to look up the people from my area and talk to them or I really try to seek for council of who I should message to or what I should say on the daily status to everyone. It isn't my favorite thing, but also it is nice because I have thought about random people from home every once in awhile and it is nice to look them up and send something to them. But also, if ANYONE has friends I can talk to about the gospel through Facebook, I would love to know so that I can do all that I can to bring others to Christ. I can teach lessons, share videos, share scriptures. If any member has a friend that they chat with, then I can join in the conversation and the member and I can teach a lesson together to a friend. So technically, family or friends, you can help me out in lessons that I teach online and it wouldn't be against the rules. Also I can talk to less active people online from home or mission or around the world.
So today, I am heading up to Tempe for MLC ( I think it stands for Missionary Leadership Council). All the sister training leaders go and the zone leaders and assistants to the president. p.s. I was mixed up about the sister training leader thing last time. So I found out more information. There are 12 total sister training leaders in the mission. There is either 1 or 2 sister training leaders for each stake in the boundaries. My companion and I are the 2 for the Yuma Stake. Pretty exciting but very stressful! Who am I kidding, I don't get stressed very easily ha. But we are heading up to Tempe in about 15 min to have these classes and I-pad training. Which means I get an I-pad today or tomorrow and we are heading back to Yuma tomorrow. My new companion's name is Sister White or Hermana Blanca. She has been out for 16 months. She is from Millcreek, Utah. (SLC) and she makes me very nervous because of how long she has been out here. I feel like I don't even know what I am doing compared to her. So this week was kind of crazy because I have been trying to teach her the area and all but it is great! Oh and her Spanish is really good!! Everyone in the wards are so happy I am still here. I feel loved :)
 

Shout out to Kylee Aspen Hunt because she sent me the only letter I got last week. It was a way good letter, also. This is the first week I haven't really gotten like any mail. Probably because I have a stack of people I need to write back to sitting on my desk. My bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment