Sunday, September 8, 2013

Letter - September 6

   I probably never have told about the baptism of the Cabrera family, on July 27, 2013. It was and will probably be the best day I will have on my mission. I wish I could explain the feeling I had there because it was just the warmest, loving feeling I have ever felt. I have never felt the Lord's love as strong as I have that day for a different family, rather than my own. Right before we got out of our car to go to the baptism, I asked my companion if it was okay to say a prayer. While I was praying, I started to really tear up because I was so grateful to know this amazing family and to be apart of their change and covenants they are making with Heavenly Father. I am so grateful that we found this family so that they can have eternal happiness. I can't believe how lucky I am to see these people change their lives and become happy. Every time I think about them, it makes me cry with a smile.
   So the thunderstorms here are sic man! My companion and I were just playing in the rain haha. It was so fun! When it finally rains, it pours and pours. It was hailing! And the rain is warm! And the lightening is crazy!Oh, it is the neatest thing I've seen! But, a lot of power lines went down, which isn't good. Especially in the more poor parts. It makes me feel real bad because when you don't have power, you don't have A/C, and it's like a 1,000,000 degrees here!
   I love studying the gospel, I don't think I could ever get enough of it! I have also really learned to communicate with the elderly here. The other day we went out to eat to this really great Mexican food place with 2 elderly couples and an elderly single man. They were SO funny! It was the best dinner. They are all just super blunt and always have clever, cute jokes. I was dying of laughter! Oh man, it was just great! And I heard some really amazing stories of people's lives from these elderly people.
   So yesterday, my companion, Sister Pinnock, and I were trying to find where we were eating dinner and it was out in the country, down a long dirt road. We thought we go down this long skinny dirt road - farm plants on both sides. We drive down about 1/4 of a mile and realize that this wasn't suppose to be a road and there was no place to turn around. Missionaries have a rule that we have to back up each other every time we back up. So, I have to jump out and back her out all the way back down this skinny, sandy, dirt road hahahaha. It was so funny! We were dying of laughter! I love my companion so much! We go together like peanut butter and jelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment