Monday, July 29, 2013

July 29 - Email

Did not get transferred. But guess what! I am going to be a trainer... oh man I am really excited but super scared because my Spanish is not good. So, I am hoping whoever my new companion is, fresh out of the mtc, is already good at Spanish! My companion, Sister Arellano, is leaving and she is becoming one of the new sister training leaders!! I can't believe it because she has only been out for not even 6 months! But, she is an amazing missionary and I was very privileged to be able to be trained by her.
Guess what Sister Arellano told me!! She said when it was transfers for her and she found out she was going to be a trainer, before they paired everyone up,she saw the new missionaries from across the room. She said to herself, "I hope that she is not my companion" thinking about me!!! why the heck would she tell me that!! That is awful! She said that I looked really picky or something! I am glad she had a bad judgement of me from the beginning, golly! After she told me that I said to her, "Do you want to know what my first thoughts of you were... haha and I said "I was super excited to get you as a companion and I knew the Lord knew exactly what He was doing when we were paired together especially because you are a native Spanish speaker and I know Heavenly Father was watching out for me." Haha :) And really that is exactly what I thought.
But I want to tell you a little about the best 2 days of my entire mission. This past Saturday, the Cabrera family was baptized and on Sunday, they were confirmed. Wow, this experience, this family touched my heart more than any other family ever will on my mission. It really was a miracle and I hope that I will be able to see them get sealed in the temple in one year. I hope also my family will meet them someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment