Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 1 - Email

   We went to this neighborhood to try to visit some of our investigators. Turns out none of them were home. So, we started driving out of the neighborhood, but for some reason I felt like we couldn't leave yet. I said to my companion, "Let's go visit the less-actives that live in this area." We turned around and went to their homes, but both of them weren't there. Apparently, that wasn't the reason and we started driving out of the neighborhood again. When we were driving out I saw a family outside and I said to myself "Nah, it's fine we don't need to stop for them." But, then when we got to the end of the neighborhood, (I have been trying to listen to the Holy Ghost better and those promptings) I asked my companion if we could park the car and go walk to those people. We walked to the family and they were definitely not open to hearing a message. As we were walking back to our car, we found a lady outside her home and started talking to her. Her name is Berta. She needs the gospel. We went into her home and gave a lesson. She cried a lot. We taught her the Plan of Salvation because her husband has passed away. She can't read. She barely knows who Jesus Christ is. She is from a super poor part of Mexico and never really went to school. She is as Catholic as they come. When we said our prayers, she was really confused and would repeat everything we said. She has only said set prayers. We have continued to teach her almost everyday. She doesn't believe that God has a plan for her because her life has been so awful and terrible. We have been teaching her how to read and teaching her who Christ is. She is an adorable lady and I know that is the reason I was prompted to not go out of that neighborhood that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment