Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Letter - December 7

My neighbors, two doors down, Laura (mother) and Standen (daughter) were baptized on November 30th. I don't know if I have told you about them, if not than I am surprised because they are seriously my two favorite people! So funny and so random, it kills me! They are my joy each day! Laura pretty much calls me her daughter. She has really taken care of me and loves me so much. I am so grateful to have her here. They crack me up! Laura has been smoking for YEARS and we helped her quit. She had a really tough time, but finally quit for good. I asked her what had made her quit this time. She said, "I want to be a member! I want to be baptized!" It was the most true and honest reply and I felt the Spirit through her. The elders had always tried to share the lessons with them, but they haven't wanted to listen before. I love them so much!

Laura (right) kept singing "Oom-pa, Loom-pa" while in the baptismal suit

No comments:

Post a Comment